314: Michael Ford: Grandfather to the Messiah
He is a minister, and leads the Office of Student Development, which oversees all student organizations atWake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He is an alumnus of Wake Forest (BA, 1972) and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (MDiv, 1984). He was the president ofSigma Chi while a student at WFU. President Ford, when he was still in Congress, spoke at his son’s commencement.
He married Gayle Ann Brumbaugh (born 1951) on July 5, 1974. The Fords have three daughters,
- Sarah Joyce (born 1979), who married Blake Goodfellow in 1999 and had four children with him:
- Riley Ann (born 2001)
- Ford William (born 2003)
- Brady Michael (born 2005)
- Tyler Elizabeth (born 2008)
- Rebekah Elizabeth (Bekah, born 1982), who married Clay Cooke in 2004 and had a daughter with him:
- Ever Elizabeth (born 2010)
- Hannah Gayle (born 1985).