Violet Brown (née Mosse; born 10 March 1900) is a Jamaican supercentenarian who, at the age of 117 years, 37 days, is the oldest verified living person in the world since the death of Emma Morano on 15 April 2017. She is also the first verified supercentenarian from Jamaica and the oldest verified Jamaican person ever. Her date of birth has been variously reported as 4 March 1900, 10 March 1900, and 15 March 1900; it was officially recognised as 10 March 1900 by the Gerontology Research Group in 2014. Brown was born when Jamaica was a part of the British Empire and is the last living former subject of Queen Victoria. She is, together with Nabi Tajima of Japan, one of the last two living people born in the 19th century.
President Trump’s economic agenda has “woken up the animal spirits” in the U.S., according to J.P. Morgan Chase & Co chairman and chief executive officer Jamie Dimon.
During an interview with Bloomberg TV, Dimon said Trump’s pro-growth agenda has reinvigorated business owners and consumers alike.
“[It] will be good for growth, good for jobs, good for Americans,” Dimon said.
“Animal spirits” is a term coined by famed economist John Maynard Keynes to describe emotions and instincts that help bolster consumer confidence.
On “Your World” today, market watcher Larry Glazer said those “animal spirits” are absolutely necessary if we’re going to get the economy booming again after the “slow-growth Obama years.”
He said that a number of consumer sentiment and confidence indexes show that Americans are feeling better about the economy, and much of that can be attributed to President Trump.
“When you at the Election Day moving forward, there’s no doubt sentiment has changed,” Glazer said. “Businesses feel more optimistic about the future. And that’s what you need for companies to commit capital.”
1987 Black Monday Stock Market Crash and Saturn’s Return
Saturn entered Sagittarius on December 23rd 2014 and will remain in that sign until June 14, 2015 when it will retrograde back into Scorpio until September 17, 2015 when it will move back into Sagittarius until it leaves on December 19, 2017. Saturn was last in Sagittarius between November 1985 and February 1988.
Sagittarius is the sign of air travel, foreign cultures, religion, the sharing of ideas through publishing and media. Sagittarius seeks to know the meaning of life and tends to be overly optimistic, breaking free of the boundaries that Saturn typically seeks to impose. Many significant events reveal the effect of Saturn through Sagittarius:
- The Single European Act was signed, formalizing (Saturn) the principles that later became the European Union, bringing the nations of Europe together (Sagittarius) under one umbrella. This was the first major revision of the Treaty of Rome which was signed during Saturn’s previous trip through Sagittarius.
- Mikhail Gorbachev began Perestroika to restructure (Saturn) the Soviet Union’s economic and political policies (Sagittarius).
- Ronald Reagan challenges Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin wall.
- The stock market saw one of its biggest crashes in history (Black Monday) as the Dow dropped over 22%, correcting (Saturn) in an overinflated (Sagittarius) market. (The famous big crash in 1929 also occurred with Saturn in Sagittarius).
- Ronald Reagan’s seemingly endless popularity (Sagittarius) was challenged when he was charged in the Iran Contra affair.
- The Jim Bakker scandal erupted when the sanctimonious (Sagittarius) television minister was investigated (and later convicted) for fraud, rape and embezzling.
Here are some things we can expect during Saturn’s journey through Sagittarius over the next few years:
- With advent of Brexit, we are now beginning to see the collapse of the EU.
- Areas in which we tend to be overly optimistic (Sagittarius) will be challenged by Saturn. Because the stock market is based on confidence, this will lead to a rocky ride as waves of fear and optimism alternate to create a churning in the markets.
- Saturn will form a challenging square to Neptune that will continue through much of the cycle, beginning in January of 2015. I will be covering this in another article, but the pressure between Neptune’s desire to transcend the mundane details of life and Saturn’s pressure to adhere to certain rules will make it more necessary than ever to be realistic and practical during this period.
- On a personal level our belief systems (Sagittarius) will be challenged by Saturn, and this will likely extend into the areas of organized religion which will likely suffer as long-held beliefs are questioned and discarded.
- Issues surrounding immigration will erupt and require new rules and regulations.
- Additional disclosure (Saturn) and the revelation of long-held secrets of extra-terrestrial activity (Sagittarius) is possible.
- We will likely see the closure of colleges and universities (Sagittarius) as Saturn puts the squeeze on financial support.
- The media is always affected when Saturn is in Sagittarius and issues of net neutrality are likely to rise to the top of media concerns.
- The Bill Cosby scandal erupted when the sanctimonious (Sagittarius) television personality and “perfect dad” has been prosecuted for fraud rape.
In our personal lives we can use the passage of Saturn through Sagittarius to create rituals and systems (Saturn) that work for us – daily routines and patterns that assist us in creating expansion and adventure (Sagittarius) in ways that support our lives in a practical (Saturn) way. This is a time to be practical in our financial planning and a time to work hard (Saturn) to achieve our dreams (Sagittarius).
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon seems hopeful that better times for the economy lie ahead under President-elect Donald Trump. “The U.S. economy may be building momentum,” Dimon said. “Looking ahead there is opportunity for good, rational and thoughtful policy decisions to be implemented, which would spur growth, create jobs for Americans across the income spectrum and help communities.”Dimon didn’t mention Trump by name or cite specifics about the possibility of Trump and the Republican-led Congress unwinding some of President Obama’s financial reforms
Answering a question from CNNMoney, Dimon said he was not overly worried about Trump’s attacks against companies for doing business in Mexico or about his protectionist rhetoric — even though JPMorgan Chase does business around the globe.
Dimon said he’s putting aside the Trump one-liners and is “comforted” that Trump has put “professionals” in the administration such as treasury nominee Steven Mnuchin, a former Goldman Sachs exec, billionaire investor Wilbur Ross for commerce secretary and former ExxonMobil (XOM) CEO Rex Tillerson for secretary of state.
From an astrological standpoint, Saturn has moved from Scorpio to Sagittarius which explains the reduction of John Boehner, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton in political power. All of whom are Scorpios. Donald Trump is a Gemini which is adverse to Sagittarius. The universe has selected Donald Trump to counterbalance the winds of Saturn in Sagittarius. He will likely face a lot of conflict the next two years. His voice is likely to become severely weakened after Saturn moves into Capricorn in December 2017.
I also find it fascinating that Hilary’s birthday is 10/26 and Melania’s birthday is 4/26. They are complete opposite poles of the zodiac.
When Uranus enters Taurus in May of 2018, Melania may be better prepared to deal with those headwinds. Look for her to take on a bigger role as Urnanus enters Taurus and her 70 year old husband ages.
Do not be surprised if you see significant conflict between Melania Trump and fellow Taurus Mark Zuckerberg. Melania has already vowed to make online bullying on social media her top priority as First Lady.
He says leaders in the public and private sector need to work together to find solutions for more people.
Read the full memo below:
We are going through a period of profound political and economic change around the world, and American citizens showed that deep desire for change in voting to elect Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States. We have heard through democratic processes in both Europe and the United States the frustration that so many people have with the lack of economic opportunity and the challenges they face. We need to listen to those voices.
We have just been through one of the most contentious elections in memory, which can make it even harder to put our differences aside. But that makes it more important than ever to bind the wounds of our nation and to bring together Americans from all walks of life. Recognizing that our diversity is a core strength of our nation, we must all come together as fellow patriots to solve our most serious challenges.
Leaders from across the public, private and nonprofit sectors need to collaborate to find
Bottom of Form
America is best when we come together with clear leadership, expertise and the political will to take on difficult challenges and get things done. No one should ever doubt the strength and resilience of our country and our democracy.
JPMorgan Chase has a proud history of supporting our communities and our countries. Through your outstanding efforts, we have built a great company that will continue to thrive — as we continue to focus on helping to serve our clients and communities. We will also continue to help address the important public policy issues of the day and the underlying economic challenges throughout the world.
I’m optimistic about America’s future and the role our company will continue to play as we help the nation address our challenges and move forward together.
According to Ohio Astrology:
“When the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776, Pluto was in 27 degrees of Capricorn. Capricorn is hierarchy, structure, authority and order. Freedom and equality, ironically, rely on rules and laws. Anarchy is not freedom.
In the year 2022, the United States will have its Pluto return which takes approximately 247 years. That means Pluto will return to 27 degrees of Capricorn for the first time since our founding.
Pluto demands transformation and evolution and, in the case of the United States with Pluto in Capricorn, transformation of the social hierarchy and political structure. Since 1776 we have emancipated slaves, allowed women to vote and have removed many of the barriers to participating in the election cycle.”
For more of Ohio Astrology article on “Pluto in Capricorn.”